Saturday, January 14, 2012

Long Week!

This week was super long! I didn't get any teaching done this week, instead I spent the entire week testing my students.  They had to take district benchmark tests every single day this week. The benchmarks only took 90 minutes a day, but then my schedule had to be modified to meet both my classes. Instead of meeting each of my classes for 2 1/2 hours a day, I only had them for 1 1/2 hours. I had to use this time every day to do mid year reading assessments.  My poor kids spent the entire week testing and working independently while I did their individual reading assessments.

I don't know why, but testing is exhausting! This week has left me drained and in pain.  I woke up with pain all over this morning.  My body feels like it has been hit all over by a baseball bat.  Luckily it is a three day weekend, so I should be able to recharge for next week.  I'm relaxing today, and hopefully will feel well enough to spend the rest of the weekend doing something with my family.  Maybe we'll go to a movie!



1 comment:

  1. YES testing is exhausting!! HATE IT!! But I guess it must be done! Not looking forward to our Benchmarks!

    ReplyDelete