Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fibro Fog Moment!

I have my appointment with the neurologist this afternoon.  I've known about this appointment for almost a month now.  The appointment is scheduled for 1:00 p.m., so I figured I would work half a day, and call in a substitute for the other half.  I get to work this morning and one of my colleagues asks me why I'm there.  I look at her and say "I work here?"  She then asks me why I had a sub in my classroom.  I give her my best confused look and say "I don't know!"

So I go to my room, and sure enough there is a sub there. Luckily this is a sub I have called in many times over the last 11 years, and I look at him and say "What are doing here so early?" Now he gives me the confused look and says "you put in for me for a full day."

Me: Really?
Him: Yes.
Me: Wow, I'm losing my mind! Oh well, I guess I'll enjoy my full day off! Have fun! See ya!!!

And I ran out of the building before anyone could change their mind!  I seriously thought I had put in for a half day.  I could have slept an extra hour this morning before getting the boys up and ready for school.  I guess I better double check all the other days I have requested off for doctor's appointments to make sure I have put them in correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment