Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bonnie Bon and the Funky Bump! (Sorry Marky Mark)

A couple of weeks ago the back of my knee started to hurt. I figured I must of overstretched it somehow, and pulled something back there. A few days later I discovered a bump on the back of my knee. It is kind of sore and I have to make sure I don't keep my knee in one position for too long. Of course this is the same knee I had surgery on 2 years ago for a misplaced kneecap and torn meniscus.

I went to the doctor (AGAIN), hoping that it wasn't going to be anything serious like a clot. Luckily it turned out to be something called a Baker's Cyst. Apparently this can happen after surgeries like mine because the joint fluid bulges to the back of the knee to form this cyst. So now I need to go back to my orthopedic doctor and see if they need to do any kind of surgery, or if they can simply stick a needle in there and drain it (not really looking forward to either of these options). Hopefully it will go away on its own!

1 comment:

  1. OH Bonnie!! Bless you're heart!! You've been through so much!! This is the last thing you need!! I will praying that it will go away on it's own! Is that a possibility?

    I glad you finally got to read the Notebook!! The movie has been on this weekend!! LOVE it!! Today I finished The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks! It was so good!

    Hope the knee feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete