Thursday, August 29, 2013

Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP)

http://myofascial-pain-syndrome.org/


Living with CMP is literally a pain in the butt.  I don't know what I hate more, the fibromyalgia or the CMP.  Actually it's worse when both of them are in flare up mode at the same time.  It seems to me that the CMP never really goes away.  It just varies in degree of pain.  Sometimes it only hurts if someone hugs to hard, accidentally bumps into me, or gives me a friendly hit on the arm, back, etc...


CMP Trigger Points
Lately I have been hurting more than usual.   I think it's a combination of trying to get used to being back at work, and the rainy weather we've been dealing with this week.  I have been especially hurting in the glutes and the trapezius muscles.  It feels like someone is constantly stabbing me in those particular areas.  It's hard to get comfortable when they hurt all the time.  I'm definitely hanging around a 10 on the pain scale! Both of my arms and legs hurt when someone touches me, but I can live with that pain. 

I've been afraid of getting the pain injections since I have never had any relief with cortisone shots for other problems.  I have thought about going to get a massage, but I'm afraid I'll hurt more after the massage.  I'm glad I found this website (look under the pain picture for link).  I'm going to do some more research and see if I can figure out how to deal with this pain.

Gentle Hugs,
Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Pain!! You can take massage. It is very good for pain relief. It gives both mentally and physically relaxation.

    Regards,
    Mobile Massage

    ReplyDelete