Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Yikes!

I went to see my orthopedist on Monday for a follow up on my hip pain.  I have tried the cortisone shot, physical therapy, medication, and nothing seems to help.  He took another x-ray and still cannot find anything wrong with me.  So now I have to get an MRI next week to see if we can figure out what is causing all this pain.  As I was leaving the doctor's office, I noticed that my orders said "Needs Driver."  I have had MRIs before and have never been told I needed someone to go with me.  I asked the nurse why I needed a driver and she said it was because they were doing an arthogram first.

I have never heard of an arthogram, so I asked what that entailed.  Apparently they have to inject dye into my hip joint in order to take a look at everything on the inside.  Then they move me to the MRI and do that test.  All in all I'm looking at 2 hours of good times! Really looking forward to this! NOT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie... Sorry things are taking so long for things to get better!
    The Arthogram test will be more precise on seeing what is wrong... I found a link for U to read!
    Gosh, I hope it is fixable news U hear!
    Cindy
    http://arthritis.webmd.com/arthrogram-joint-x-ray

    ReplyDelete