Thursday, May 10, 2012

Leg Cramps!

Lately I have been getting cramps in my calves at least once a week.  Most of the time it affects my left leg, and on occasion the right one will feel left out and join in on the fun.  Last night it was a regular party for my calves.  I was woken up at 3 different times last night in severe pain from a leg cramp.  First time it was my right leg, and then the second and third time it was my left leg. My calves are extremely sore today, and I'm afraid of stretching them too much in case that sets off another cramp.  I'm sure my students would find it hilarious if I all of sudden began making funny noises to hide the fact that I was in pain.

I don't know if it's part of the fibro, if I'm dehydrated or if I'm lacking some major potassium, but I do know that I didn't get an invitation for the party my legs held last night.  I'm drinking a gallon of water and eating a dozen bananas just in case. 

Gentle Hugs

3 comments:

  1. Ouch for your legs.. Thanks for the welcome back..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, Gosh sorry!
    Yikes Me and U have been in the same boat!
    They are terrible.... I know U seen my post and I HOPE U are doing better.... PUSH THE WATER...
    U are dehydrated!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, sounds like you just need more water. I have had the similar thing happen to various places..for me, maybe not everyone, but for me it's always water (and on a rare occasion overuse of that particular muscle. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete