Friday, February 24, 2012

Well That Explains Things!

I finally got the results of my sleep study. I definitely have sleep apnea. Apparently I stopped breathing a total of 255 times during the study, or an average of 38 times per hour. They said this would explain my constant headaches, total exhaustion, and blurry vision.  As if that wasn't bad enough, my oxygen level drops down to 87% while I'm sleeping (95% is considered ideal) so I also have hypopnea (not enough air gets to the lungs). 

I go next Friday night for another sleep study, but this time I will be using the cpap machine.  Now Brian and I can have his and her breathing contests.  I'm sure we will look adorable! Even though I'm dreading the machine, it's going to be nice not always being exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment