Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Finalist

Just found out that I'm a finalist for Teacher of the Year! Not sure how I feel about this! I know it's an honor to be nominated, and I really do appreciate the nomination. My problem is that Teacher of the Year is voted on by your colleagues. I love my colleagues, but how do they know what I do in the classroom? I think Teacher of Year should be voted on by administration since they are the ones who are in and out of the classrooms everyday. To me Teacher of the Year is more of a popularity contest.  To make matters worse, I'm up against the math teacher in my grade level. So now I have to deal with the pressure of whether or not my colleagues like me better than her! I feel like I am back in high school!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Just kidding! As I told my students, whether I win or lose, I know I'm a good teacher who does everything in her power to ensure her students succeed! I really am happy and honored to be nominated!

No comments:

Post a Comment