Thursday, October 31, 2013

Think Pink! Better Late than Never!


Photo Courtesy of: http://www.zazzle.com/




I went today to get an ultrasound of my ovaries since I've been having pains.  My doctor also decided that it was time for me to get another mammogram since my last one was in 2009 and I am now 46 years old. 

I feel bad because I know I'm supposed to get a mammogram at least every 2 years since I turned 40, and I haven't kept up with this.  Every October I pay my $5 to wear jeans at school in support of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, but I've never really sat down and thought about how this horrible disease affects so many women and men.  Yes men can get breast cancer also.  My hubby had to have a mammogram a couple of years ago for a lump he found on his chest.  Luckily it turned out to be a cyst, but it was scary.  I found this website that gives all sorts of Breast Cancer Facts, Statistics, and Myths

If you're over 40 or have had a parent, grandparent, sibling, or any other close family member who was diagnosed with breast cancer I strongly urge you go get your mammogram.  Although the month is over, it's never too late to get checked over. 

On the fibro side of things, the mammogram was a little more painful than the last time, but it wasn't as bad as having a flare up. 

Remember, Think Pink!
Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment