Monday, July 29, 2013

Chronic Pain and Weather Changes

Trying to get doctors and scientists to agree on whether or not a change in weather affects those of us with chronic pain may never happen. 

Dutch researchers say no:
Weather Conditions Do Not Affect Fibromyalgia Pain or Fatigue

Several Doctors Who Contributed to a WebMD article say possibly:
How the weather can affect joint pain, and what to do about it.

All I know is that we are in monsoon season where I live, and I have been hurting for the past 2 weeks.  I'm actually glad that the weather is supposed to clear up soon and we will have sunny skies once again.   If you didn't know, the weather channel actually has an aches and pain index on their site.  All you have to do is type in your zip code and it will tell you what level of pain you might encounter according to the weather.

Aches and Pain Index

I'm happy to see that my aches and pains should be subsiding real soon!

Gentle Hugs!
Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment